Saturday, August 10, 2013

Falling in Love with the City!

 Enamórate de tu Ciudad

This is my second Saturday going consecutively to the activities being offered at the this corridor of cultural activities. There are activities for all ages and interests. They take place at the main parks from the capital, España park, Jadín de Paz park (I did not know the name I just knew it as the park in front of the metal school which is a pink colored building that is made out of metal, it's known as the Escuela Metálica/Metal School), Morazán park, La Merced park. This last one is located far from the others which actually come one after the other.
Parque España
As I  walk home after spending 2 hours hula hopping, I feel happy, tire and happy. At 9 am, I did the yoga class at España park, and then moved to the hula hopping area at 10 am in the Jadín de Paz park. For the yoga class, you have to bring your own mat, and for the hula hooping class, you just go and take one of the many colorful hula hoops available and start dancing to the rhythm of the electric beat played by the live djs. There were also African, Hip hop, Break dance classes, Parkour lessons, table games, local products exhibitions, an exchange market, and some many other things to discover. The activities for each Saturday can be found at the Enamorate de tu ciudad Facebook page Here.

As a foreigner if you want to spend some days in San José, make sure that one of those days is a Saturday since this is a most to see activity, all the classes and workshops are free and you can also have the chance to buy souvenirs that are  different and unique.

What I loved the most? Seeing a 4 year old learning how to hula hoop and it was mainly the fact that I saw so many parents sharing with their children at this community gathering where you can play, laugh, learn, share with people and enjoy the city. I do feel as if I were falling in love with the city, there are certain things about San José that definitely can be much better but there are also these other great experiences that makes me love to spend time in Chepe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will love to read what you have to say. Leave a comment :)